Saturday, May 9, 2015

Anchor's Aweigh

I love the nautical look.  I was putting a nautical display together for a work project, and I couldn't resist making a pallet anchor.

Anchor Pallet


What you will need:
Wood Pallet
Wood Glue
Anchor Stencil
Paint
Hot Glue Gun
Rope or Jute


First, cut the boards from the wood pallet to the length you prefer.  I cut my 14 inches long.



Next, you will want to fasten the pieces of wood together.  I was going to glue mine together, but my handy husband suggested something a bit more sturdy.  He used his pocket hole jig to screw the boards together.


I used my cricut to cut an anchor pattern, but a cricut is not required, any stencil will work for this.



Stick the stencil to the boards and paint in the anchor.


 Next, decide where you want your rope and hot glue it on.



It should look something like this:


Next, drill holes in the board were you want your rope to go through, then thread it through and tie a knot.  I threaded mine through from the backside so the knot is on the front side.


I really like how rustic it turned out.



This is the table part of the display.



What is your favorite nautical look?

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

Be sure to check out these fun link up parties!
Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase
Found & Forged Link Party
Oh! That DIY Party
Mad Skills Party
Inspire Me Monday
The Art of Home Making Mondays
Show and Tell Party
Tutorials & Tips link Party
Totally Talented Tuesday
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Do Tell Tuesday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Create It Thursday
Work It Wednesday
The Wednesday Round Up
Celebrate It Block Party
Flaunt It Friday
Friday Feature Link Party
Link Party Palooza


Featured at:
CraftyAllie



16 comments:

  1. So nice to meet another creative! Love this design.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love all things nautical but especially my lighthouses and shells of course! I d love to make this for my bathroom as it would fit in nicely!
    Thanks again for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out wonderful, Brenda. I love pallet wood projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, would go lovely in my nautical bathroom! Thanks for sharing -- Romany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! I love all things nautical! My daughter just bought me a driftwood bowl from Kirklands and I placed some glass net floats and seashells inside. Thanks for the cute and simple idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, I love your nautical sign. The rope touches really make it perfect! I love all things nautical too, can't wait to make this for my deck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, Brenda! I love the pallet look.
    Thank you for sharing this at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206.
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun and cute, Brenda! And the table looks simply lovely! I'm always so happy to have you join Roses of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tablescape and this all looked so easy. Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've often wondered how people made those cute signs and you really made it look easy. I have a Silhouette so it wouldn't be hard to make a vinyl stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda, I love your anchor art! I am going to do my mantle nautical for July. I bought the cutest chalkware sailor on IG. I have a few buoys in my Americana themed guest bedroom and even an oar, but I may need something with an anchor on it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have tons of pallets from our warehouse, my son makes things with them for gifts. I love your anchor hanging, the rope really sets it off. This is a cute idea, I wonder what it would be like with a clock face?

    Thanks for stopping by to linkup on Friday Features Linkup this week on Oh my Heartsie Girl!! You are welcome to stop by every week Wednesday and Friday to share your posts.
    I have Pinned and Tweeted!
    I hope you enjoy your weekend!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brenda, your anchor came out wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing this creativity on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Hope to have you join in again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I get tired of things quickly I tend to change my summer décor often. In winter I'm too lazy, just not in mood as much. I split up summer months for different themes so my lake/cottage/water month in July will absolutely include your awesome anchor. We have lots of pallet wood so will be using it. love how your anchor turned out and think rope at bottom gives it extra good look, authentic. Glad I clicked on your post from the party. Going to print this out for my theme months notebook ideas so I don't forget this. Don't have a cutter machine but do have stencil. Great project. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like it, looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete