Saturday, May 2, 2015

Where Are Your Keys?

Have you every needed to be somewhere in the next 15 minutes and you're frustrated because you can't find your keys when you just know you left them on the desk and they seem to have grown legs and walked off?

Well, I found a a solution.  A cute key holder!

Where Are Your Keys

What you will need:

Cabinet Door - I found mine at Habitat for Humanity for about $1
Paint - I used Spray paint
Wood Glue
Ruler
Faux Glaze
Wood spindle or knob
Key - I bought mine at Micheals



First, measure and mark where you want the knobs.




Next, drill the holes and glue the knobs in the them.




Next, paint it and let it dry.  I wanted mine to look a bit rustic, so I sanded it a bit.



Next, make sure you wipe off the dust if you want to apply a sealer or faux glaze.


I have really liked the look of the faux glaze as a finish on my wood projects.


Lastly, glue the key on with E600 and you are ready to hang it!



Never worry about frantically trying to find your keys again!


Where do you keep your keys?

Thanks for Stopping by!
post signature

Be sure to check out these fun link up parties!

Share It One More Time Saturday
Found & Foraged Link Party
DIY Sunday Showcase
Silver Pennies Sunday
Oh! That DIY Party
Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop
Much Ado About Monday
Mad Skills
Something To Talk ABout
Show and Tell Party
Inspire Me Monday
Tutorials & Tips Link Party
Totally Talented Tuesday
Create, Link, Inspire
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Worthwhile Wednesday
Creative Muster
The Wednesday Round Up
Share Your Cup
Work It Wednesday
Crafty & Delicious Party
Lovely Little Link Party
Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday Link Party
Celebrate It Block Party
Flaunt It Friday
Craft Frenzy Friday
Friday Feature Link Party
Link Party Palooza
Brunch Party

16 comments:

  1. It's always a great thing to have a cute spot to hang your keys...nice job!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a key holder, too, and I still can't find my keys, lol. Best intentions, right? I love the distressing your did, creates an elegantly aged look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and handy too. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet! Love how your projects are accessible for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, definitely pinning to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great key hook! Thanks for linking up at Found & Foraged =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - we are always misplacing keys - love this. Thank you so much for sharing with Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute. It totally doesn't look like something that started out as a $1 find!
    Visiting from Great Idea Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and cute idea, my friend! And my, what a fabulous price! :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is unique and adorable. You are very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty neat! It's good to have 'one and only' place for keys. Keys really CAN grow legs ;)

    xx
    Mila (Idea Box)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea! I love how you added the key. My favorite thing about our new car is that I can just leave the key in my purse. As long as it's in the car all you have to do is put your foot on the break and push the button. Pure bliss! : ) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and a great idea! The trick would be making sure to actually PUT my keys on it! I have no idea where my keys are at this very moment. LOL. I found you at the Friday Flash blog link up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m loving this! I’m always so impressed by your masterpieces. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on tonight at 7. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is clever, and it came out so cute. Thanks for posting. Hello from Busy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your blog so much! I am so happy that I found it. I would love for you to visit my blog. - Seri from serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete