Saturday, May 23, 2015

Vintage Window


I have been keeping my eye out for an old wood panel window to create this project.  One day I was talking to my neighbor and mentioned I was looking for one, and he said that he happened to have an old window.  He said he would trade me the window for some of his favorite treat, some delicious banana bar.  What a deal!

old panel wood window


Here is what you will need:
An awesome old window
Paint
Chalkboard Vinyl
Chalkboard Design


I painted my window, because even after I scrubbed it there were still dirt spots on it.



Then I sanded it to make it look more aged.



I painted the sides of the window gray so it would give it a bit more dimension.




Next, I cut the vinyl to fit each window and applied it to the windows.


Lastly I added the chalkboard design.  I have a tutorial HERE on how I do my chalkboard designs.

I do quite a few project for work and for other people, but I am putting this one up on the wall at my place!




Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

Be sure to check out these fun link parties!
DIY Sunday Showcase
Much Ado About Monday
Mad Skills
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Create Link Inspire
Tutorials & Tips Link Party
Inspire Me Monday
Totally Talented Tuesday
Show and Tell Link Party
Creative Muster
Share Your Cup
Work It Wednesday
The Wednesday Round Up
Crafty & Delicious Party
Lovely Little Link Party
Flaunt It Friday





19 comments:

  1. What a great project! I'm looking for some windows like that too. Love that you got to do a trade with your neighbor!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your window is very cool, Brenda. Your chalkboard designs are filled with whimsy....love them!! Just visiting your lovely blog via The Enchanting Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, this is lovely!!! And I do have such a window!!! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great. What a wonderful deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious...I love the idea! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, you have left me speechless! You are so creative and talented, my friend. I love, love, love this :) I have a window like this this and have been saving it for something special...I think a craft day is in order. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It is a awesome decorative piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your window looks great now! I have never tried using chalkboard vinyl -good to know it's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute Brenda. I love the images that you chose! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative! Love this idea! :-) Thank you so much for sharing this on Making Memories Mondays! Hope to see you back Sun night 9PM EST! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project, Brenda! So creative.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brenda! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that this lovely post was featured today at Roses of Inspiration :) Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your week and happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Gorgeous! This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, so we can party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those images. What a beautiful piece. Thank you so much for sharing at Thriving on Thursdays. I'm featuring this post at tomorrow's party. Hope to see you again.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a neat idea! I have some old windows out in the garage. I may need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up at the Thank Goodness It's Thursday party. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this window idea! I like the four panes for differing chalkboards. Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/06/04/home-matters-linky-party-40/ :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing blog about the vintage window and I really appreciate you work which you have done well.
    vintage window

    ReplyDelete